Phone Reassurance Providers and Funding Sources
State Of North Carolina
The following is a list of North Carolina private organizations or state agencies that provide grants and funding for community programs. Also, we have listed automated and volunteer based programs that we found in the state of North Carolina.
DSC provides a Telephone Reassurance phone system that automatically calls elderly residents ensuring their well-being, allowing them to remain in their homes longer (Aging In Place).
There are many community programs that help seniors including automated programs as well as those managed by telephone reassurance community volunteers.
Contact DSC to learn more about our automated phone systems. DSC welcomes the opportunity to discuss our telephone reassurance program and services. Also, if you are a North Carolina based community and/or organization that provides a Telephone Reassurance program and would like to be listed here (its free!), please contact us.
If your community does not already have a Telephone Reassurance program, DSC offers individuals the ability to subscribe to our call reassurance program. You can register online for free and DSC offers a limited trial period for only $5. There is no obligation to pay until you activate your account.
To register online, click on the image or button to the right.
Our online enrollment is easy to use and manage, and it provides the senior with flexible calling schedules, custom messages and greetings, as well as multiple emergency contacts in the event of no response by the subscriber.
North Carolina Automated Telephone Reassurance Providers
The following organizations provide Telecare programs for the elderly within their North Carolina communities. These programs are both automated or volunteer based community services.
- Alexander County Senior Center - Taylorsville, North Carolina
- Town of Belhaven Police Department - Belhaven, North Carolina
- Burke County Sheriff's Office - Morganton, North Carolina
- Catawba County Sheriff's Office - Newton, North Carolina
- Cherryville Police Department - Cherryville, North Carolina
- Cleveland County Sheriff's Office - Shelby, North Carolina
- Davie County Senior Services - Mocksville, North Carolina
- Farmville Police Department - Farmville, North Carolina
- Fayetteville Police Department - Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Hertford County Police Department - Winton, North Carolina
- City of Jacksonville Police Department - Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Lincoln County Sheriff's Office - Lincolnton, North Carolina
- Martin County Police Department - Williamston , North Carolina
- City Of New Bern Police - New Bern, North Carolina
- Onslow County Sheriff's Office - Jacksonville, North Carolina
- Pamlico County Senior Services - Alliance, North Carolina
- Randleman Police Department - Randleman, North Carolina
- Reidsville Police Department - Reidsville, North Carolina
- Rowan County Senior Services Department - Salisbury, North Carolina
- Rutherford County Sheriff's Office - Ruthersfordton, North Carolina
- Stanly County Senior Center - Albemarle, North Carolina
State Of North Carolina "Potential" Funding Resources
The following private and public groups are potential providers of funding for phone reassurance programs in North Carolina communities.
To obtain current information about specific North Carolina agencies and foundations that provide funding for telephone reassurance programs, please contact the respective grant provider listed below..
Note: DSC obtained the following names of foundations from public records. There is no assurance that these foundations provide funding for your specific telephone reassurance program or community notification system.
This information is provided to help you research funding for your project using community grants.
* United Way
The North Carolina GlaxoSmithKline Foundation, Inc.
Janet H. and T. Henry Wilson, Jr. Foundation
The Duke Endowment
Louis M. Plansoen Charitable Trust
Bank of America Foundation, Inc.
The Belk Foundation
Foundation for the Carolinas
Cape Fear Memorial Foundation
Burroughs Wellcome Fund
The William Kenan, Jr. Fund
Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust
The Goodrich Foundation, Inc.
Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation, Inc.
The Jolley Foundation
Community Foundation of Gaston County, Inc.
The Wachovia Foundation, Inc.
The Sabbah Family Foundation, Inc.
The Winston-Salem Foundation
The Dickson Foundation, Inc.
Duke Energy Foundation
Sall Family Foundation, Inc.
C. D. Spangler Foundation, Inc.
Hillsdale Fund, Inc.
The Community Foundation of Western North Carolina, Inc.
The Stewards Fund
Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Inc.
The Anonymous Fund
The Cannon Foundation, Inc.
Cumberland Community Foundation, Inc.
Progress Energy Foundation, Inc.
John and Mary Franklin Foundation, Inc.
Triangle Community Foundation
Dornick Foundation, Inc.
BB&T Charitable Foundation
Broyhill Family Foundation, Inc.
The Leon Levine Foundation
North Carolina Community Foundation
Arthur F. and Alice E. Adams Charitable Foundation
The John Motley Morehead Foundation
George & Harriet Woodward Trust
Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation, Inc.
The Blumenthal Foundation
The Joseph M. Bryan Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Inc.
John I. Smith Charities, Inc.
The Sunshine Lady Foundation, Inc.
The Community Foundation of Henderson County, Inc.
The Cemala Foundation, Inc.
Lewis Elkins Fund
Contact DSC to learn more about our CARE (Call Reassurance) telephone reassurance program and RUOK® replacement system.
"Are You OK?"® and RUOK® are registered names of Bruce L Johnson (Individual). For a comparison with our CARE system, please visit our RUOK® vs CARE web page.