Elder Care Systems
Database Systems Corp. (DSC) develops call center phone systems and provides computer telephony outsourcing services. The technology is ideally suited for certain senior calling applications.
What Is Elder Care?
"Elderly care or elder care is a broad term encompassing such services as assisted living, adult day care, long term care, nursing homes, and hospice care.
DSC is a leading provider of community notification programs that assist elders and senior residents using our automatic calling systems. This phone reassurance program is known as CARE (Call Reassurance).
Once specific application for this program is to help seniors who are victims, or potential victims of elder abuse.
The form of elder care provided varies greatly between and within countries, and is changing rapidly. Traditionally the responsibility of families and provided within the extended family home, in modern societies elder care is frequently and increasingly provided by communities or charitable institutions."
Homebound residents are called to ensure their well-being. If the CARE recipient does not answer the call, our system automatically generates an emergency dispatch call to either the CARE phone center or to a concerned family member. The CARE call center is continuously updated to ensure a follow-up is performed and that the CARE recipient is OK.
Contact DSC to learn more about our Telecare phone reassurance systems and services.
The Oxford Park Commission and R.S.V.P.
"RSVP volunteers provide hundreds of community services, ranging from tutoring children, museums, Meals-On-Wheels, nursing homes, income tax assistance, transportation, Triad (seniors and law enforcement working together) and many more stations." - www.oxfordparkcommission.com
The Oxford Park Commission and R.S.V.P. use our CARE (Call Reassurance) phone system to provide its senior citizens with a telephone reassurance service. Citizens can be called daily to ensure their well-being. This is a replacement system for their older, obsolete RUOK® phone system.
Elder Care Phone System Features
Our CARE (Call Reassurance) system includes the following features. These same features are also available with our telecare outsourcing phone service:
- The CARE computer system is an industrial quality Intel based PC
- CARE phone systems include INTEL telephony components
- CARE calls are placed by a computer that plays a recorded message
- CARE does NOT need volunteers to make phone calls
- CARE recipients use phone keypad to respond or optionally can simply answer the call
- CARE calls can be placed at designated times with a CARE Administration scheduler
- CARE system can detect answering machines and distinguishes the difference between live answers and machines
- Calls can be repeated several times before notifying response center or family member
- Response center or private individuals can be automatically alerted when No Answer determined
- CARE systems can perform emergency dialing services for members of the community
- CARE systems can be used to perform emergency notification calling
- Systems support 1-48 analog phone lines
- Systems can be upgraded to our digital (PACER) phone supporting up to a 1000 lines
- Service provided on a network of phone systems for large volume calling
- Response center can be notified by call, email, or other electronic methods
- Online call reports available giving status of each call
Elder Care Program Demonstration
Manage your Elder Care phone reassurance program online. The following is an example of how to use our CARE telephone Reassurance system.
This demonstration shows how CARE recipients are added to our system for calling and how a CARE system administrator can monitor the ongoing operation of our phone reassurance system.
To view this demonstration, click the graphic above.
Elder Care Information
Contact DSC to learn more about our elder care call reassurance services and phone systems.