Phone Reassurance Providers and Funding Sources
State Of Pennsylvania
The following is a list of Pennsylvania private organizations or state agencies that provide grants and funding for community programs. Also, we have listed automated and volunteer based programs that we found in the state of Pennsylvania.
DSC provides a Telephone Reassurance phone system that automatically calls elderly households checking to ensure they are OK. DSC also provides individual calling services for home alone children. To obtain information about this program and age limits of children for your state, visit the Pennsylvania latchkey kids age restrictions.
There are many communities that provide telephone reassurance programs (both volunteer based or automatic calling programs).
Contact DSC to learn more about our automated phone systems. DSC welcomes the opportunity to discuss our telephone reassurance program and services. Also, if you are a Pennsylvania based community and/or organization that provides a Telephone Reassurance program and would like to be listed here (its free!), please contact us.
If your community does not already have a Telephone Reassurance program, DSC offers individuals the ability to subscribe to our call reassurance program. You can register online for free and DSC offers a limited trial period for only $5. There is no obligation to pay until you activate your account.
To register online, click on the image or button to the right.
Our online enrollment is easy to use and manage, and it provides the senior with flexible calling schedules, custom messages and greetings, as well as multiple emergency contacts in the event of no response by the subscriber.
Pennsylvania Automated Phone Reassurance Providers
The following organizations provide Telecare programs for the elderly within their Pennsylvania communities. These programs are both automated or volunteer based community services.
Pennsylvania Volunteer Phone Reassurance Providers
The following organizations provide volunteer programs for the elderly within their Pennsylvania communities.
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program - Doylestown, Pennsylvania (215) 340-1210
- Faith in Action of Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania - Allentown, Pennsylvania (610) 435-8424
- Jefferson County Area Agency on Aging - Brookville, Pennsylvania (814) 849-3096
- Touch-A-Life, A Faith in Action Program - Chambersburg, Pennsylvania (717) 217-3508
- Bucks County Intermediate Unit - Doylestown, Pennsylvania (800) 770-4822
- Erie Health Ministries - Erie, Pennsylvania (814) 453-5072
- Love Inc. of Bedford County - Everett, Pennsylvania (814) 652-0025
- Faith in Action of Adams County - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania (717) 334-9296
- Faith in Action Outreach Program - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (717) 233-1681
- Volunteers of America Greater Hazleton Area - Hazleton, Pennsylvania (570) 453-0426
- LINCSS - Hershey, Pennsylvania (717) 531-8177
- Indiana County CareNet - Indiana, Pennsylvania (724) 465-2865
- Laurel Area Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers - Latrobe, Pennsylvania (724) 539-4357
- FIA Project of Compeer of Lebanon County - Lebanon, Pennsylvania (717) 272-8317
- Allegheny Valley Association of Churches - Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania (724) 226-0606 ext. 14
- Common Bond Caregivers - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (215) 335-4416
- Faith in Action Outreach Program of Little Brothers - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (215) 765-8118
- Faith in Action - Hartwood - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (412) 784-5081
- Faith in Action in the Northwest Tier - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (412) 307-0069
- Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers of Southwestern PA - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (412) 687-6712
- North Hills Community Outreach - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (412) 307-0069
- Sewickley Faith in Action - Sewickley, Pennsylvania (412) 741-9622
- Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers of Fayette - Uniontown, Pennsylvania (724) 438-0709
- Washington County Faith in Action - Washington, Pennsylvania (724) 229-0785
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Faith in Action Project - West Chester, Pennsylvania (610) 918-6250
- Faith in Action Program of Keystone Hospice - Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania (215) 836-2440 ext. 320
- Mental Health Association of York County - York, Pennsylvania (717) 843-6973
- OPEN Interfaith AIDS Ministry - York,, Pennsylvania (717) 846-6736
- Staying Connected, A Faith in Action Program - York, Pennsylvania (717) 843-5011
- Touch-A-Life - York, Pennsylvania (717) 854-4313
State Of Pennsylvania "Potential" Funding Resources
The following private and public groups are potential providers of funding for phone reassurance programs in Pennsylvania communities.
To obtain current information about specific Pennsylvania agencies and foundations that provide funding for telephone reassurance programs, please contact the respective grant provider listed below..
Note: DSC obtained the following names of foundations from public records. There is no assurance that these foundations provide funding for your specific telephone reassurance program or community notification system.
This information is provided to help you research funding for your project using community grants.
Peter P. Blanchard III Trust- Dendroica Foundation
R. P. Simmons Family Foundation
Sarah Scaife Foundation, Inc.
Oxford Foundation, Inc.
Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation
Heinz Family Foundation
The Annenberg Foundation Trust at Sunnylands
The Greater Harrisburg Foundation
The PNC Foundation
Henry L. Hillman Foundation
E. Rhodes & Leona B. Carpenter Foundation
United States Steel Foundation, Inc.
Eden Hall Foundation
The RAF Foundation
The Lenfest Foundation, Inc.
Mellon Financial Corporation Fund
Claneil Foundation, Inc.
Morris Slater RUOK®Fund
Hansjoerg Wyss Medical Foundation
The Pew Charitable Trusts
The Erie Community Foundation
The Annenberg Foundation
The Arcadia Foundation
Richard King Mellon Foundation
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust
The William Penn Foundation
Charles S. & Mary Coen Family Foundation
Howard Heinz Endowment
The Sidney Kimmel Foundation
The Helen F. Whitaker Fund
The Pittsburgh Foundation
John R. McCune Charitable Trust
PPG Industries Foundation
Vira I. Heinz Endowment
The 1994 Charles Degenstein Foundation
John Templeton Foundation
Harry C. Trexler Trust
The Philadelphia Foundation The Carthage Foundation
Contact DSC to learn more about our CARE (Call Reassurance) telephone reassurance program and RUOK® replacement system.
"Are You OK?"® and RUOK® are registered names of Bruce L Johnson (Individual). For a comparison with our CARE system, please visit our RUOK® vs CARE web page.